Arguments
Facilities
Getting there
Search site
HistoryDemidoff Chapel

The russian prince Nicolaj Demidoff, who in the start of the 800’s settled in Tuscany, donated to Bagni di Lucca a hospital so that even the poor could benefit of the thermal cures. Not only did he make the principle structure but in 1825 he built a chapel with around dome, made like the Pantheon of Rome in minature designed by the architect Giacomo Marrucci. The wooden bridge that connected the chapel to the hospital, was distroyed in 1836 by a flood. A stone brigde was built in 1850 thanks to the son of the prince, Anatolio Demidoff, designed by Giuseppe Pardini today still visable with it’s small arch in marble and stone with a wrough iron railing.

Search facility

Choose type

How many stars?

Verify availabity

RSS feed